Delaware Yacht Registration, MMSI & Call sign
State of Delaware is one of the most convenient places on the market for yacht registration. Prestigious American banner at reasonable cost is the main reason why the greatest number of yachts in the world are registered here. All paperwork may be completed in about 3 weeks or less than a week if expedite service and courierare used.
All yacht registrations are valid for calendar year – till 31st December.
What documents are needed for NEW yacht Delaware Boat Registration?
In order to register a new, never before registered yacht in Delaware it is required:
- The Builder’s Certificate or Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO will be retained by the Delaware Boat Registration Office).
- Bill of Sale (notarized) is required in case when Builder’s Certificate or MSO is not bearing the name of the owner.
- Delaware Boat Registration Application Form .doc or .pdf format
dully filled in and signed.
What documents are needed for USED yacht Delaware Boat Registration
Yacht registration of second hand yacht, being transferred from another Registry requires:
- Bill of Sale (notarized)
- Deletion Certificate from previous Registry
- Copy of previous registration document
- Delaware Boat Registration Application Form .doc or .pdf format
dully filled in and signed.
The cost of Yacht Registration in Delaware
The registration cost depends upon the yacht’s size.
Delaware yacht registration for ONE (1) YEAR our all-inclusive fee:
|Yacht registration less than 16′||Class A||450 $|
|Yacht registration 16′ or over and less than 26′||Class 1||520 $|
|Yacht registration 26′ or over and less than 40′||Class 2||600 $|
|Yacht registration 40′ or over and less than 65′||Class 3||660 $|
|Yacht registration over 65′||Class 4||740 $|
BEST SELLER – Delaware yacht registration for THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE YEARS
|Yacht registration less than 16′||Class A||515 $|
|Yacht registration 16′ or over and less than 26′||Class 1||605 $|
|Yacht registration 26′ or over and less than 40′||Class 2||715 $|
|Yacht registration 40′ or over and less than 65′||Class 3||835 $|
|Yacht registration over 65′||Class 4||945 $|
How The Delaware Boat Registration Look Like?
The registration consists of:
- “Credit card like” a plastic registration bearing all relevant data on the face and owners signature on the back
- Computer printout of the Registrar’s system
- Two stickers called “decals” which are proof of validity and tax paid period
click for an example
Official Confirmation Letter – some authorities prefer to “see and feel” paper like document 130 $.
Deletion Certificate – when the boat is leaving Delaware registry and enters another one this is an obligatory document 90 $.
Commercial Boat Registration
Some ports do allow Tax Free fuel for commercial yachts.
Required are Captain’s License and Survey Report.
CEASED issuance since 2017!
MMSI & Call Sign
All commercial and recreational vessels bearing DL registration, outside of US waters, are obliged by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) treaty to obtain and program Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number in their Digital Selective Calling (DSC), Automatic Identification System (AIS) equipment or INMARSAT ship earth station.
MMSI is a unique nine-digit number assigned to ship stations by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) for search and rescue purposes.
Call Sign should be assigned to each radio station prior to any international telecommunication.
As one of just few private registered agents by FCC we are able to obtain your
MMSI & Call Sign within 24 hours. The once off cost is 600 $.
Same Day Service – The shortest processing period. In conjunction with courier the registration may reach you within 5 working days 100 $
Extra Office Hour – The above fee schedule is for clients who submit all required documents in proper format. Any intervention in resizing, rescanning, modifying and preparing extra documents will be charged at “extra office hour” rate 75 $.
Privately owned yacht:
Although cheaper it means that your name shines in the register. Anybody could see that you own the certain yacht and delivers you to the full liability. This is the main reason why majority of Delaware yachts are corporate owned.
Corporate owned yacht:
If you decide to form a Delaware corporation to own property like yacht, aircraft or real estate there can be tax advantages and you can limit your personal liability. Incorporation can give your business credibility, prestige and substance. A corporation has certain tax advantages; the owners and directors can be protected from personal liability; and the business can raise capital through the sale of shares of stock. Only One officer or Director is needed in Delaware, but many jurisdictions have stricter guidelines, forcing you to name other directors and officers to get established.
Also, please take in consideration these advantages for Delaware corporations:
- Delaware is considered the most attractive state in U.S.A. for incorporation.
- Only one incorporator is required. A corporation may be the incorporator.
- There is no minimum capital requirement.
- The franchise tax compares favorably with that of other states.
- For companies doing business outside of Delaware, there is no corporation income tax.
- Delaware has no sales tax, personal property tax or intangible property tax on corporations.
- No taxation upon shares of stock held by non-residents and no inheritance tax upon non-resident holders.
- A corporation may keep all of its books and records outside of Delaware.
- You may have a principal place of business/address outside of the State of Delaware as well.
When the yacht is subsequently put up for sale, the owner has the flexibility of selling the yacht as an asset of the corporation or selling the entire corporation of which the yacht is an asset.
The latter circumstance is accomplished by simply transferring the shares of stock in the corporation over to the new owners. This arrangement can be very attractive to the prospective purchaser because title to the yacht has not changed hands – it is still registered to the corporation. Therefore, no sales tax may be assessable on the transfer, and, no re-registration costs are incurred.
Types of corporations we can form for you – Listed below are the major types of corporation services we offer.
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
- “C” Corporations
- “S” Corporations
We urge you to consider whether incorporation is right for operating your business. If you are uncertain, you should check with your accountant or tax advisor to determine if a corporation or a limited liability company best suits your individual needs.
Limited Liability Company advantages
A Delaware Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a hybrid business entity, designed to combine the advantages of a corporation with the tax advantages of a partnership. Like a corporation, the owners of an LLC are not personally liable for the LLC’s debts and obligations. Like a partnership, an LLC can be treated as a pass-through entity for tax purposes. This may be advantageous for those who cannot meet the IRS requirements for an “S” corporation and desire the tax pass-through treatment.
In summary, a Limited Liability Company provides:
- pass-through tax treatment of a partnership
- liability protection afforded by a corporation (and not available with a partnership)
- freedom from the restrictive and burdensome qualification and operating requirements that come with an “S” corporation.
What is the greatest advantage LLC delivers to US non-residents?
Provided the company conducts no direct or indirect business in the USA and neither the managers, nominees and/or beneficial owners are US citizens or green card holders Delaware LLC can be free of all US taxes.
A registered agent acts on the corporation’s behalf in the state of incorporation with the primary duties of providing a registered office address, receiving service of legal papers, and being a local contact point for the Secretary of State or other government agencies. A professional agent can also assist you with keeping your corporation in good standing, obtaining copies, obtaining a certificate of good standing/existence, and other questions relating to maintaining your corporation. It is extremely important for you to keep your registered agent informed of your current address and telephone number so that you can be reached in the event that the agent receives official mail or service on your behalf.
Incorporation of company or formation of LLC
- Minimum State Fees
- Filing and recording the Certificate of Incorporation/Formation with Apostille
- Preparation of Unanimous Consent electing the initial director/manager
- Fees to prepare and file the documents
- Legal address
- Registered Agent
- Same Day Service (incorporation within 24hrs)
- Courier delivery
The package cost 1350 $
Deluxe Company/Corporate Kit:
The minute book features sample forms, 15 membership/stock certificates and a metal seal press all packaged in a handsome gold-stamped slipcase 175 $
Overseas courier shipping documents only 60 $
Overseas courier shipping documents with Corporate kit 150 $
Annual Maintenance Fee:
Each year we fulfill your statutory obligations, pay taxes, provide legal address and
Resident Agent for all inclusive fee of 640 $